Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 5 - Facebook Ad Review


Hey guys another few updates on my Facebook ad I was running and some quick tips for creating your own ad campaign. 

The ad itself was only running for five days with a lifetime budget of $20. If you think that the ad wont generate enough clicks to meet your budget, you are foolish just as I was. In the beginning of the ad it did not appear that the ad was going to generate enough clicks to use all $20 that I was allocating towards the campaign. I was being foolish, by the end of the campaign the entire twenty dollars was used up - Just keep that in mind if you are considering starting your own ad campaign.


Another good tip to keep in mind is when creating the campaign choose a picture that will attract an audience of all race, gender, and age. When I set my campaign up I used the photo that I last used for one of my blogs; Interviews - coming prepared and dressing professional. I decided to go with the dress professional photo. 


Not thinking about it at the time, this photo would end up generating clicks from a specific audience. By the end of the ad campaign I ended up having more views and clicks from a male dominant audience. Sense the overall campaign was for experimental purposes, I would say that I learned from this. Choose more of a generic photo that will attract everyone. 



From the two photos above, one can clearly see the vast difference in between the two genders. The ad was able to populate 117 clicks for my blog site. The data above shows that of the 117 clicks, women provided 15 clicks (13%) and men provided 102 clicks (87%). I believe that the reason the data sets are so different is because of my photo selection. 

Last but not least, my reach was 27,482 and my impressions were 56,604. Impressions being the amount of times my post appeared in a news feed. Where reach is the actual amount of people's news feed where the ad appeared. 


Overall, I would say that the ad campaign being my first one was successful. I was able to use it for a leaning tool for future use. If anyone is interested in making their own ad campaign I recommend creating one at a low cost lifetime budget to learn before creating an ad campaign on a larger scale. 

-STURCO

No comments:

Post a Comment