Friday, December 4, 2015

Week 11 - Weebly Conversion Tracking


Hey Everyone !

This blog is going to be going over my weekly account and tracking of google analytics. As you all know in one of my previous blogs I linked google analytics to my Weebly account (Fordmuscle.weebly.com). Specifically I up a goal for the site that I want to go over.

The goal I set up in Google Analytics was to track how many times I get an email submission. Specifically when visitor sends an email from my comments page, they get redirected to a thank you page. Analytics is tracking that too. 

Before I set the goal up, I had to set up my thank you page. So the thank you page was simple to set up, you just create a new page and you can name it whatever you would like, I named mine thank you. Then I spent a few minutes making it look presentable with a nice photo that has "Thank You" going across it. Next, I had to change the settings of the thank you page. I made the page so that it was not accessible from clicking one of the pages at the top of the website. To do this I had to select the "Hide in Navigation" button. 



Next, I had to set up the goal in Google Analytics. After logging in, select the admin link at the top of the page. Now on the page you will see three sections. Account, Property, and View. First under property make sure that you select the website that you want to create a goal for. So for me, I selected Ford Muscle as that is what I named my website name in Google Analytics. Now you will want to go over to the view sections and you will see Goals three words down, you will want to click this. 





When you click goals it will be blank if you have yet to create a goal for your website. Go ahead and click new goal. Google will then give you the option to create a custom goal or go off of a template. It doesn't really matter which one you do for this goal conversion. For mine I selected the custom option. Next it asks for a name, so I named mine "Thank You". Then under the type you will want to select the destination option. Lastly it will ask you for the destination web page URL. For this you will want to go to your thank you page from your website and see what the URL is. You will want to copt just the ending of the URL. For example just select /thankyou.html. Finally, hit save and your goal is now set up.

Currently for mine I was able to get one conversion since setting the goal up a few days ago. This is what it will look like in your Google Analytics account.



Goal tracking is important if you want to evaluate the performance of a specific part of your website. If you have any questions leave them in the comments below and I will help you set up a similar goal. Also if you have not already, check out Fordmuscle.weebly.com and let me know what you think.
 -STURCO

No comments:

Post a Comment